Change of scene

Thursday, March 14, 2013



Today, on a whim, I took Clementine somewhere new. Every day we walk to the pond near our house, where she can run off-leash through the woods that surround it. The paths around the pond are one of the reasons I love where we live. But today I needed a change of scene.


So we got in the car and drove to a town reservation where dogs can run off-leash on different paths through different woods, and where I can look at houses. There's something about looking at a house from behind that feels more personal than the typical from-the-road perspective. The architecture is often more interesting. You see grills and soccer nets and potting sheds that are hidden from the front. I like to imagine the families that live there, and I like to imagine us living there. And for Clementine? The bliss of all those new smells.






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Wet Dog, Muddy Boots All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger